The new call for candidatures for the “Reporting climate change” online training course is open to journalists from the Middle East, the Balkans and all the African countries.
(deadline: October 7, 2021 – beginning of the course: November 2021).
A new step in the collaboration between COPEAM and the EIB - European Investment Bank: this free e-learning course, launched at the end of 2020 by COPEAM and the International Telematic University UNINETTUNO, has been further extended and developed.
The main innovations of the second edition include:
- 2 new training modules about topical climate-related issues like water security and energy transition, composed of video-lessons and supporting material (slides, articles and useful links) by experts from Europe and Africa;
- additional video-contributions and interviews “from the field” by high-level international experts and professionals working in the climate domain;
- all the video-lessons and interviews available in English, Arabic and French (original version + voice-over);
- possibility to apply for journalists operating in all the African countries;
- extension of the training period: 8 weeks to complete the course activities and get the final certificate
- organization of a webinar during the last days of the U.N. climate conference (Glasgow, UK – 31 October – 12 November 2021), in order to provide the participating journalists with insights from the COP26 and to analyse and make a first assessment about the conference negotiations and outcomes.
Find more information about the training and the participation conditions in the call here below: