July 5, 2023
À PREMIÈRE VUE 2023 awards ceremony took place on July 5 as part of the 34th edition of FIDMarseille, a festival that supports the first films and accompanies students’ films and visual art.
Hosted in the auditorium of the Mucem - Museum of European and Mediterranean Civilizations, the awards ceremony for the three winners was followed by the screening of a selection of short films in the presence of a large audience.
This 2nd edition of the prize was made possible thanks to the commitment of the partners TV5MONDE, Rai Cinema, FID and Mucem, who supported it and provided the following prizes:
- TV5MONDE Grand Prize: Roua Salah for “Tayot 24” (ESAC) - Tunisia
- Rai Cinema Prize: Nadim Chidiac for “Mom” (ALBA) - Lebanon
- FID/Mucem Youth Prize: Walid Cheikh for “Rai Rayi” (LabDZ - French Institute of Algeria) - Algeria
The winner of the TV5MONDE Grand Prize, Roua Salah from ESAC, was able to participate in the FIDCampus residency as part of FID 2023. Walid Cheikh from LabDZ (FID/Mucem Youth Prize) also took part in the festival and benefited from specific activities. ALBA's student Nadim Chidiac will soon see his film, subtitled in Italian, published on Rai Cinema Channel platform.
Alongside the Prizes, this year an À Première Vue-TV5MONDE collection, including 6 films from the 4 education partners, has been integrated into the video library of the Short Film Corner of the Cannes Film Festival 2023, accessible to professionals accredited to the Festival.
Thanks to the member schools of COPEAM - ALBA Beirut, ESAC Gammarth and ESAV Marrakech - for their trust in À PREMIÈRE VUE project from the start. Welcome to the Lab DZ of the French Institute of Algeria which joined the partnership during this 2nd edition.
Thank you to the members of the international jury, for their availability and expertise.
- Manuela Rima — Rai Cinema (Italy)
- Nicolas Feodoroff — FIDMarseille (France)
- Nada Doumani — Amman International Film Festival (Jordan)
- Enric Albero — Mostra de Valencia (Spain)
- Ali Benzekri — Radio 2M (Morocco)
The catalog of the À PREMIÈRE VUE Prize is always available for download