The team of the radio magazine Kantara - قنطرة and its partners organized the 2nd edition of the Kantara Prize for Photography from the 1st July to the 31st August 2020, through an international call for participation on social networks and in the specialised press.
Dedicated to the promotion of the Mediterranean heritage, this year with the theme of the “rivers of the Mediterranean”, this competition was free and open to Kantara’s listeners as well as to all amateur and professional photographers aged over 18.
The best photos devoted to the theme chosen in 2020 were selected by an international jury of professional photographers:
- Hamideddine Bouali - Tunisian photographer, winner of numerous international prizes, teacher and photography historician
- Patrick Baz - Franco-Lebanese photographer, former director of photography at AFP, former member of the World Press Photo jury and of other several prizes
- Boulos Isaac - Egyptian photographer member of the Royal Photographic Society of Great Britain
- Tony Viacara - Corsican photographer, specialized in underwater photography
Coordinator of the Jury : Guillaume Ortiou-Campion - COPEAM
The winners and the prizes awarded are the following:
- Special mention North African photographer: Ali Mehaoudi (Algeria)
Canon EOS RP avec Objectif 24-105 mm - Revue Gibraltar n°9
- 1st Prize: Marco Castelli (Italy)
Invitation to Arte Mare Festival (Bastia, Corse - France) - Revue Gibraltar n°9
- 2nd Prize: Sara Zoheir (Egypt)
Portable radio recorder Zoom Hn1 - Revue Gibraltar n°9
- 3rd Prize: Sara Mzali (Tunisia)
Complete collection (n°1 to 9) of Revue Gibraltar
- Honourable Mentions: Stéphane Villena (France) et Hakim Abdallaoui (Morocco)
Finally, all the winners had their works published in the magazine Gibraltar - A Bridge between Two Worlds and were the subject of two special broadcasts of Kantara and of an exhibition during the 2020 edition of the Arte Mare festival.